Ignite Church brings a commitment to and a conviction for authentic Christian community where lives are transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit resulting in the multiplication of disciples, leaders and churches. We aspire to be a church that in one accord is passionately contending for the personal, regional, and global expansion of God’s Kingdom through His manifest presence on the earth.
- Discipleship. Jesus commanded us to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20). The outcome of true discipleship is believers being equipped and empowered to live as Jesus did on the earth, conformed to his image and doing His works (Rom. 8:29; 1 John 2:6; John 14:12).
- Presence and Ministry of Holy Spirit. We value the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. We desire that our gatherings be flexible enough in format to permit the Living God to interact with His people through the New Testament Gifts of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit not only brings us the words of Jesus, but also continues to do the works of Jesus in our midst resulting in healing, deliverance, miracles, and life transformation.
- Grace and Honour. We believe that every individual was made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-28) and, therefore, is of great value (Psalm 139:14). The Bible instructs us, “Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honouring each other” (Romans 12:10, NLT). Our world is starving for authentic, caring, relationships where value and dignity is shown. We desire to be church that truly reflects God’s righteous character and redemptive grace in the way that we love and honour others.
- Excellence. We value a standard of excellence in all that we say and do. The Bible instructs us, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”(Col.3:17). Mediocrity and half-hearted effort is not worthy of our high calling as Ambassadors of the Kingdom.
- Generosity: According to the Bible, the LORD is benevolent and generous in all His ways. It is the Father’s deep love that motivates His abundant grace toward us (John 3:16). Every miracle of provision Jesus performed resulted in surplus. The Early Church emulated this pattern of generosity, helping the poor and needy (Acts 2:44-45; 4:32, 44-45) and empowering the apostles and leaders to preach the Gospel at home and among the nations (1 Corinthians 9:7; Phil. 4:16; 3 John 8). At Ignite Church, we believe in being generous with our time, finances, and talents in order to help those in financial and material need as well as resource the propagation of the Gospel to the nations.